[TYPO3-english] Imagemagick images too dark?

Brian Hauge Hansen b.hansen at mobilethink.com
Tue May 1 08:47:22 CEST 2012

Might only be a problem at Hostgator, but here are what I got back from
their support. Hope someone can use it:

---

Typo3 has not been catching up to changes to default colorspace handling
that were recently made by the ImageMagick team. You can read more about
that here:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/resize/#resize_colorspace

The following changes can be done to suit the changes in ImageMagick:

[root at gator1825 /home/hauge/www/hgtest/t3lib]# sed -i.bak 's/colorspace\
RGB/colorspace\ sRGB/' class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php
[root at gator1825 /home/hauge/www/hgtest/t3lib]# grep -n colorspace\ sRGB
class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php
167: $this->cmds['jpg'] = $this->cmds['jpeg'] = '-colorspace sRGB -sharpen
50 -quality ' . $this->jpegQuality;
203: $this->cmds['jpg'] = $this->cmds['jpeg'] = '-colorspace sRGB -quality
' . $this->jpegQuality;
211: $this->cmds['jpg'] = $this->cmds['jpeg'] = '-colorspace sRGB -quality
' . intval($gfxConf['jpg_quality']) . $this->v5_sharpen(10);

---

As Björn stated below, this should of cause not be changed inside the
source code, but in localconf.php

Best Regards
Brian Hauge Hansen