[TYPO3-english] Images are not displayed

Henning Haida losmintos at midnightallstars.de
Fri Mar 30 10:05:10 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've a problem with images, that are not display. I'm using typo3
4.5.14,  Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS, PHP 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.23. There are several
content elements "Text and Images", but there are -- suddenly -- no
images in the HTML produced. That means, in the past it worked just
fine, now, on some pages these images are gone, on other pages they
are still there.

I created a new element on an existing page:
--------------------------
Page -->  select page --> create new element --> Text and images

General
Header: test
Text: just a test

Images
upload a jpg and give a caption

Save document

Backend page (at least right hand side) get's reloaded, a thumbnail of
the uploaded image appears.

View page in Browser --> no image, html:
---------------------------

I have no clue, how to proceed. For what should I search? What can I test?

What I've done:
* Permissions in /typo3temp
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  167936 2012-03-28 15:28 pics
Should be okay, isn't that?

* TYPO3 4.5.11 Install Tool
Image Processing
Run the tests:
[x] Reading image formats (jpg etc just fine, exept PDF and AI)
[x] Writing GIF and PNG; just fine
[x] Scaling images; just fine
[x] Combining images; just fine
[x] GD library functions; just fine

As a side note, there is a second typo3-installation, that shares the
same source code (symlinks). With this installation everything is
fine, images are displayed as expected.

Could it be related with the extensions `Media (DAM) dam'? These
extensions are installed in the first typo3-installation, only. I
cannot upgrade because of php version requirements.
Extension 	Ext-Key	Local	Remote
Media (DAM)	dam	1.2.3	1.2.4
Media>Categories	dam_catedit	1.2.0	1.2.2
Media>Indexing	dam_index	1.2.0	1.2.1
DAM for Content Elements	dam_ttcontent	1.2.0	1.2.2

Moreover, the second installation (without problems) is just fine with
tt_news 3.2.0, where the first installation (with images not
displayed) brokes with tt_news 3.1.0 (No table to write data to has
been set using the setting "cacheTable")

Thanks for reading my long mail :-), your help is very much appreciated!

Kindest regards
  Henning