[TYPO3-english] Problem with ORDER BY

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 30 09:37:19 CEST 2012

Hi Morten,

> I am using the tx_overlays extension and I select the product / prices with:
>
> $prices = tx_overlays::getAllRecordsForTable('*', 'tx_rttag_tagsten', '',
> '', 'price');

With "overlays" I tried to provide a library that helps with handling
language and version overlays in TYPO3, but it doesn't do everything
either, unfortunately. Sorting is obviously very difficult, since you
can't sort the translation right from the database (because you're
actually fetching the default language and overlaying it afterwards).

There's no easy solution. In this case I would advise you to implement
your own sorting function after the call to "overlays", when not in
default language.

HTH

--

Francois Suter