[TYPO3-english] is TYPO3 moving away from global extensions?

Sergey Alexandrov serg at alexandrov.us
Thu Mar 29 15:11:30 CEST 2012

Philipp,

What's the difference between having a symlink and global extension
directory installation then?
We also have 100+ websites running off the same source. "Global"
extension installation has some advantages and ext. maintenance is the
one of them.
How do you update/bugfix an extension if there are hundreds of them
installed locally? So, you'll have to put ext. in  the same folder for
diff. sites, right? And create symlink, right?
But we already have this functionality as "global" ext. folder! Why jump
through the loop?

Thank you,
Sergey