[TYPO3-english] Using at-jobs for scheduling

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Mar 21 10:17:03 CET 2012

Hi,

over at
http://review.typo3.org/9177
you find a proposal for a patch to use at for scheduling jobs. This will
allow the scheduler to adjust to changing intervals and only call the
php-job when needed. But on the other hand it would also allow to add
"self-modifying schedule-jobs" like a newsletter-job that reschedules to
send out mails every few minutes, but only be called when there is
actually work to do.

It works fine as is. But I'm unsure if we should maybe take a more
adapter-/service-oriented approach to it. What do others think? Do we
need a flexible interface (and how could it be done) to also interface
with the scheduler on a Windows-plattform or maybe with tools like
oddjob (http://www.rgordon.co.uk/projects/oddjob/)?

Kind regards,
 Stefan