[TYPO3-english] sys_language_uid, fallback on default language

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 14 16:59:44 CET 2012

Hi,

> Ok, it still doesn't work, as I suspected it has something to do with
> the fact that I'm using a JOIN in the query.
>
> How do you overlay a query with a join??

The quick reply is "you can't".

What you have to do is to query your two tables separately, overlay
them, and perform the join in your PHP code. This is a consequence of
TYPO3's overlay mechanism, which offers great flexibility but breaks
down when it comes to joins.

I have tackled this problem in my extension "dataquery", which is part
of "tesseract". In "dataquery" you can write a SQL query with joins. It
will be "de-joined", overlaid and then "re-joined". But it requires not
using your own plugin but doing your display via Tesseract [1].

HTH

--

Francois Suter

[1] http://www.typo3-tesseract.com/en/