[TYPO3-english] Salted Passwords & RSA: temp directory path

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Tue Mar 13 12:20:38 CET 2012

Hi

As TYPO3 Security Check has become quite insistent about that, have
installed salted passwords, and it demands rsaauth. So I've installed
that as well.

I've configured everything for Salt + RSA for BE Users (no FE Login
yet). There are no error messages in the Salted Passwords configuration
dialogue, everything seems fine. In the DB, the passwords are being
converted to salted hashes.

But I can't set the RSA Extension's temporary path properly to store the
temporary keys. I've created a folder above my public_html in the home
directory (/home/username/rsaauth/) and chmodded it to 700 - but it
stays empty. I can't find the keys in typo3temp neither.

My questions are:

* is the RSA Extension really needed for increased security?
* what form should the path in the EM Configuration dialogue have?
* any other hints to set this up for better security?

Thanks a lot
Urs

--
Urs Bräm