[TYPO3-english] 2012 - suggestions for reorganisation TYPO3 community-communication

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Mar 13 10:37:39 CET 2012

Hi

Why don't you read was was already offered!

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Bernd Wilke <t3ng at pi-phi.tk> wrote:

> On 03/10/2012 02:51 PM, RDE Wiesbaden wrote:
>
>> 2012 - community - communication
>>

>  Within the last few days or weeks I did read EVERY single post regarding
>> the former topic and did collect the arguments. Many arguments are
>> serious !!,
>> others are unreal dreams. There is a strong need to "glue" together the
>> community, again and better. Developers and community should not drift in
>> "diametrical" directions.
>>
>> When I did offer to publish my experience to the community (for free)
>> and in
>> english, I was directed to the TYPO3-wiki. But all the wikis (including
>> wikipedia)
>> are badly readable. A suggestion, to slightly improove the pagelayout
>> was negative.
>>

> IMHO it's not the layout but the navigation in wikis which is the weak
> point.
> For something like a dictionary it might be good, but a community is
> something differnt and presenting a product like TYPO3 needs a hierarchical
> structur, which can't be solved with a wiki (without a lot of manual work
> which is not appropiate to an CMS)
>

>  Within the last few years many TYPO3 users, agencies, freelancers (and
>> myself)
>> did start their own knowledgebase on their own domains. Searching within
>> google
>> "for ANY topic" has reached a critical mess, resulting in millions of
>> google answers,
>> frustrating many many newcomers and immediately kick them out - forever.
>>
>> This needs to be changed shorty.
>>
>> Suggestion (1)
>> So one of the first changes must be, to open the "typo3.com" domain with
>> individual subdomains for all involved community members, to share our
>> gigantic
>> TYPO3 knowledge.
>>
>> The DNS system for example allows "rde-wiesbaden.typo3.com" or
>> "mittwald-espelkamp.typo3.com" or "dkd-frankfurt.typo3.com" and so on
>> (worldwide).
>> Each subdomain can easily point to the old server and point to that
>> available content.
>> They all may continue using their own design and their language and their
>> corporate identity. But under ONE (TYPO3-) umbrella please.
>>

> that can't be a solution. You might have one domain, but you still have
> duplicate and outdated content and no crossreferences or (global)
> navigation. A visitor has to learn the style of each of these pages.
>
> going one step further from your idea: we need a community page with
> individual profiles, where each member can publish his own stuff. so all
> the snippets, comemnts, ... were shown in a unique kind with the same style.
> have you realized that this would be a TYPO3-facebook/-linkedIn/-**XING/...
> ?
>
> who will build this community-software?
> TYPO3 still is missing a good basic community extension. :(

We don't need for everything a new extension. Simply use Mahara for exactly
those features and you have a facebook like community with groups,
individual pages, cv and portfolio manager, where users can even design a
bit their own pages with column settings, internal communication, chat etc.
- it is developed by a very active community and is easy to maintain and
update. i.e. via git.