[TYPO3-english] 2012 - suggestions for reorganisation TYPO3 community-communication

RDE Wiesbaden gr2 at ipw.net
Sat Mar 10 14:51:20 CET 2012

2012 - community - communication

Here I need to open a new discussion following up the community storm
  "TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible ?" discussion.

I am with TYPO3 from 2003 on and have seen many successful changes.
However - in the past some things went wrong.

Within the last few days or weeks I did read EVERY single post regarding
the former topic and did collect the arguments. Many arguments are serious !!,
others are unreal dreams. There is a strong need to "glue" together the
community, again and better. Developers and community should not drift in
"diametrical" directions.

When I did offer to publish my experience to the community (for free) and in
english, I was directed to the TYPO3-wiki. But all the wikis (including wikipedia)
are badly readable. A suggestion, to slightly improove the pagelayout was negative.

Within the last few years many TYPO3 users, agencies, freelancers (and myself)
did start their own knowledgebase on their own domains. Searching within google
"for ANY topic" has reached a critical mess, resulting in millions of google answers,
frustrating many many newcomers and immediately kick them out - forever.

This needs to be changed shorty.

Suggestion (1)
So one of the first changes must be, to open the "typo3.com" domain with
individual subdomains for all involved community members, to share our gigantic
TYPO3 knowledge.

The DNS system for example allows "rde-wiesbaden.typo3.com" or
"mittwald-espelkamp.typo3.com" or "dkd-frankfurt.typo3.com" and so on (worldwide).
Each subdomain can easily point to the old server and point to that available content.
They all may continue using their own design and their language and their
corporate identity. But under ONE (TYPO3-) umbrella please.

Suggestion (2)
The next important need is, to date any infomation or article within the first content-line,
and to force the authors to mark older articles with a creation-date - back (may be to 2008).

Suggestion (3)
We should publish a TYPO3 "community list", not this one for "technical HELP requests",
but for fundamental questions. The former mail-storm was within the wrong list and did
need to be rerouted to a global community list.

You all have seen, there is a need for.
(p.s. I am familiar in running some DNS servers and could do this job.)

I know, that these ideas are not in a perfect shape, but we should think about it now.

best regards
Gert Redlich / Wiesbaden / Germany