[TYPO3-english] browsebox in indexed_search still not working

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 9 10:46:46 CET 2012

Hi,

I understand your frustration when things don't work as expected, but
try to be friendly...

On 9-3-2012 8:30, Stephan Bernhard wrote:
> so my questions remain:
>
> - why is an old EXT which isn't conform with CSS and HTML rules still
> part of the CORE code of 4.5, which has the label "LongTermSupport"?

I've use indexed_search on quite a few sites and the page browser works
in those installations.
The href="#" is normal and is there because the URL would get too long
for most people and is quite ugly. The solution which is used for many
years is that there is an onclick= attribute which basically sets a few
fields in a (hidden) form and submits that (there is no other way to
have a link do a POST).

Do you have Javascript functionality which interferes with such onClick
events? Is the form present in the output on your site?

In what ways is indexed_search not conform CSS and HTML rules? Have you
searched for bug reports for this?

The label "long term support" is because there will be bugfix releases
for 4.5 for a longer period than usual. This was done because 4.6 would
no longer have support for IE6 in the backend and there were some users
who still needed to use IE6. So the support period was extended until
sprint 2014 when Microsoft will officially drop support for IE6.

> - why would i first have to find out what's wrong and then be forced to
> change manually what is supposed to work out-of-the-box?

The page browser works out-of-the-box for most people. I suspect that
the problematic site has some modifications (templates, Javascript)
which somehow interfere.

If you can provide a URL to the frontend of the problematic site others
in this list can check if there are problems in the output. Without that
it will be a guessing game which rarely leads to results.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.