[TYPO3-english] Sorting elements if you only have rights on default language

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Mar 8 11:13:12 CET 2012

On 03/08/2012 10:29 AM, Roberto Presedo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm facing a small problem in BE. I have a translation team with
> several users. Each user has rights on only one language…
>
> In list mode, users who have access to the default language are able
> to see the icons to sort elements. Other languages do not see those
> icons (it's normal because only default language instance of an
> element can be sorted in list mode).

this is correct only if you have checked "[x] Localization view".
without this check all the records can (could?) be sorted individually.
especially records of each language can have their own order inedpendent
from the default-language.
Whether the display respects this order depends on the code the display
is done
if you get the default-records and translate afterwards you will get the
order of the default-lang
if you get records by the language and their sorting order (without
default-lang) you can get another order.

> But when a "default language user" tries to change the order of
> elements, he gets an error message :
> 1: Attempt to move record 'XXX' (mytable:849) without having
> permissions to do so. [ERROR: Related/affected language was not
> allowed.]

I think (hope?) this connection is only activ if the check for
"Localization view" is active.
in earlier versions it was clearly a problem that translated records
were NOT moved with the default-language in this view, so they were
moved in the display (they always follow their default-lang-record)

> So if I read correctly, he cannot move the element because this is
> also going to change the sorting value of the translated versions of
> the current element. As he has no access to other languages, he cannot
> move the "default language" version..
>
> Question is, is there a way to allow this user to sort elements,
> without giving him access to other languages ?
>
> Thanks

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html