[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Mar 8 10:34:19 CET 2012

Hi Jacco van der Post,

Jacco van der Post wrote:

> I would choose to stop active development for TYPO3 4 and bring out
> security patches only. Why divide forces???
????
TYPO3 6.0 is supposed to be a new name for TYPO3 4.8. And 4.5 LTS will be
maintained as announced.

> And a lot of people, clients etc. are now used to the name TYPO3 5 or
> Phoenix. Why mess with that? Cuz some developers have strange emotions
> about this?

That is why we skip v5.

> I think TYPO3 badly needs some strong strategic management capacity and
> professional marketing. I get the feeling there is to much dev
> involvement in this, which seems not to be a good thing - seeing the
> declining curve on the link of Sander gave http://bit.ly/zeyc5Y

OK and now have a look at
https://www.google.com/trends/?q=typo3,+drupal,+joomla,+wordpress,
+cms&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

The graph for TYPO3 follows the one for cms. The same is true for joomla.
Drupal looks rather stable, but it has a company which spends a lot of money
for marketing.

Wordpress is always increasing. But do we really compete with wordpress?

Please do not put numbers out of context.

Also think about the following: if the documentation is improved, resulting
in less searches, how would that look on the graph? (Although it is properly
not the main reason.)

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln – linkvalidator