[TYPO3-english] Sorting elements if you only have rights on default language

Roberto Presedo rpresedo.typo3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:29:28 CET 2012

Hello all,

I'm facing a small problem in BE. I have a translation team with
several users. Each user has rights on only one language…

In list mode, users who have access to the default language are able
to see the icons to sort elements. Other languages do not see those
icons (it's normal because only default language instance of an
element can be sorted in list mode).

But when a "default language user" tries to change the order of
elements, he gets an error message :
1: Attempt to move record 'XXX' (mytable:849) without having
permissions to do so. [ERROR: Related/affected language was not
allowed.]

So if I read correctly, he cannot move the element because this is
also going to change the sorting value of the translated versions of
the current element. As he has no access to other languages, he cannot
move the "default language" version..

Question is, is there a way to allow this user to sort elements,
without giving him access to other languages ?

Thanks