[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Ralf-Rene Schröder ralf.rene at online.de
Mon Mar 5 22:05:14 CET 2012

Am 05.03.2012 21:07, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> BTW: The funniest question in the last days:
> 	"Was version five such a barrel burst (german rohrkrepierer),
> 		that the project has been totally skipped?!"
not realy funny, these questions will stay in mind!

> To reply to Jigals bugfix question:
> 	Beta:   12.04-beta1
> 	RC:     12.04-rc1
> 	Stable: 12.04
> 	Bugfix: 12.04-1 (or similar)
++1 for the new [some new name]
also OK for the existing v4 branch, but not at THIS time, this has to be
communicated slowly, maybe over 2-3 releases maybe in the form:
"Here is the new 4.8 (will in future named 12.10 ... after the old
version number 4.10 we only use the new version scheme 13.10)."

> This scheme would also have the following positive effects:
> 1. natural high version numbers, with i++ every year
> 2. people see how old their installed version is, sometimes helps to
>    argue for an update.
++1