[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Mon Mar 5 15:30:21 CET 2012

On 03/05/2012 02:53 PM, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 05.03.2012 14:35, schrieb Federico Bernardin:
>> IMHO Phoenix (or [somenew name]) is built on concept very different
>> from the current. For these reasons TYPO3v4 (or next versions)
>> should continue to be developed regardless of the version based on
>> FLOW3 (it will be [some new name] 1.0).

+1

>> I think it is wrong to leave a hole in the number of versions. For
>> those unfamiliar with TYPO3 (or very little) is not clear why one
>> version has been omitted. I personally would continue in the
>> version number and the future major release of TYPO3 should be
>> version 5 and not 6.
>
> people who are new to TYPO3 won't care about older versions as they
> just google for the one they use and if this would be 5.0, this
> would certainly deliver some quite strange results.

In one way or the other I tend to agree.
And I think since it was decided and the "news" about it is out now we
can't change it to something else afterwards.

Just *how* it was communicated (and "known for a year already" but not
communicated to various other official TYPO3 teams etc.) still makes me
a little sad.

Regards,
 Stefan