[TYPO3-english] how to hide a typo3 site

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 27 06:25:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 26-6-2012 22:58, Robert Wildling wrote:
> @Tom: I like to put a 2 new sites at the very top: the first with a
> basic layout, a separat template and no menues, which just says
> "Construction Zone" or whatever. To hide the rest of the site, the
> second folder is a SysFolder that is hidden. I drag all the sites of the
> website into that SysFolder.
>
> Definately no pro-solution, but it is one of many ways...

My favourite ways are:

- .htaccess (use Google to find the right syntax to deny access to all
but allow access for your own IP address) if your hoster allows you to
create/edit sucha file

- TypoScript condition : somewhere in the TypoScript setup there is a
PAGE object. If you put that inside a condition for your own IP address
others will just see a blank page:

[IP = 123.231.213.132]
page = PAGE
[global]