[TYPO3-english] how to hide a typo3 site

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Tue Jun 26 23:32:00 CEST 2012

Am 26.06.2012 22:58, schrieb Robert Wildling:
> @Tom: I like to put a 2 new sites at the very top: the first with a
> basic layout, a separat template and no menues, which just says
> "Construction Zone" or whatever. To hide the rest of the site, the
> second folder is a SysFolder that is hidden. I drag all the sites of
> the website into that SysFolder.
>
> Definately no pro-solution, but it is one of many ways...
>

> @Philipp: I'd like to add my 2 cents to your answer: In my opinion
> these kind of answers are of no help to anyone. To be honest: I don't
> even know why you bother to take the time to write RTFM? Obviousley
> you seem to get angry by questions like these, but I ask you: why
> don't you just ignore them? And a link to a tutorial is not a specific
> answer. But the list should be a place for specific answers.
>
> In a long-term-view, posts like these are actually pretty annoying: we
> all know how frustrating it can be to find highly ranked entries in
> Google just to find out that there is no proper answer.
>
> Therefore I would suggest: if someone does not want to response
> helpfully for whatever reason, just don't post anything. If, however,
> someone decides to post an answer, stick with the topic and restrain
> from any patronizing off-topic behaviour. There are beginners and
> there are pros - and the latter one need to remember that they where
> once beginners, too.
>
> If there are good answers now, the chance increases that the post will
> be found more often and therefore questions like these asked less.
>
> Thanks.
> Robert
clapping hands... (not helpful, but thats what i think)
peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"Kosuke would make the rounds around the sleeping quarters of his master, and if he thought a certain area to be insecure, he would spread a straw mat and pass through the night awake by himself."
(Hagakure)