[TYPO3-english] fe users and caching

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Fri Jun 22 23:17:05 CEST 2012

Hi Simon,

You're confusing browser cache (client side) with TYPO3 cache (server side). The
no_cache=1 option (at least the Typoscript one) is the server side TYPO3 cache
which has nothing to do with the browser cache.
On the server side, TYPO3 will take care of serving a different page - provided
there is any restricted content - when a user logs in. On the client side the
browser should do the same, I never encountered any problems with that. So why
don't you first try it before bringing up hypothetical questions?

If there would be any problems with unintended client-side caching you can tweak
the http-headers and include the 'no-cache' flag.

Loek