[TYPO3-english] tt_news and BE user permission based on tt_news categories

Orish Shrestha orish.typo3 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 19:15:25 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to setup permissions for BE user to edit tt_news based on
tt_news categories.
Here is what I have and what I want to get
usergroup1 : cat ids 31,22,32
usergroup2 : cat ids 15,20,30

Now, anyuser in usergroup1 can edit tt_news tagged to 31,22,32 and
similarly anyuser in usergroup2 can edit tt_news tagged for 15,20,30. Upto
this part it everything works fine. But the problem begins when a news is
tagged for 31 and 15 (categories in both the usergroup), non of the users
can edit that news, even they are tagged for categories they are tagged
for.

I am selecting tt_news categories in the Extend tabs in usergroup screen to
set the permission. And from the behaviour it seems like the permission has
AND logic meaning, user can only edit news iff the news are tagged
explicitly for the selected categories only. So, my question is: Is there a
way to implement OR logic which will say allow the user to edit news if
they are allowed to edit any of the tagged categories in their usergroup.

Any kind of inputs are heartly welcomed and anticipated !

Regards,
Orish