[TYPO3-english] question about php file size

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Jun 16 12:29:00 CEST 2012

Hi typo3 study aka Tom,

typo3 study wrote:

> I download a php file: size 3.68 KB (3,777 bytes) from my typo3 site to my
> local computer(win7) through ssh, then I removed one line code:
> require('t3lib/class.t3lib_htmlmail.php');
> But after I removed the code, the php file size changed to 3.74 KB (3,835
> bytes), how could this be? Supposed the size should be smaller, right?

Most likely you use Windows and it automatically converted the line ending
from (Unix) char 10 (LN) to (Win) char 10+13 (LN+CR). That makes +1 char for
each line.
Configure your editor to save with only a LN char at the end of a line.
Having an explicit carriage return at the end of a line is pretty
prehistoric, considering that even real type writers can handle that
automatically.

And one personal note: Please use our real name in your email settings. It
is considered to be rude to use a fake name (typo3 study).

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!