[TYPO3-english] huge problem with doctype in 4.7 - completely stuck

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Fri Jun 15 18:52:38 CEST 2012

hello all,

i'm trying to get a very simple site to work. Everything was working
fine until i updated my Templavoila template this morning, i didn't
change anything in the head of the document but now suddenly i get this
problem:

when i look at the source code in any browser i do not have a correct
doctype declaration anymore, yesterday i had a normal html5 doctype
(which i thought was standard in 4.7), today instead i get:

<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

to solve this, in my template file i tried removing the doctype
completely, overriding it in the setup of my template or declaring it in
my html template.

I checked on Mac, PC, and all available browsers (not being logged into
the BE of course) but there seems to be no way to get it back to html5 ...

cleaned temp files, cleared caches, updated TV templates, reuploaded
files, remapped TV .. nothing helps

what am i missing ????