[TYPO3-english] typolink - additionalParams

Robert Wildling robertwildling at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:28:33 CEST 2012

Hi, TYPO3-list,

The url of a page contains the parameter &category=22. I would like to
add this parameter to another page link via TS and read all over the
internet that the way to go is like this:

typolink.additionalParams.dataWrap = $category={GPvar:category}

But that doesn't anything else but just adding a $category= to the link.

I also tried other constellations like these:

typolink.additionalParams {
   data = GPvar:category
   insertData = 1
   wrap = $category=|
}

typolink.additionalParams.cObject = COA
typolink.additionalParams.cObject {
   5 = Text
   5.value = $category=
   10 = TEXT
   10.data = GPvar:category
   10.insertData = 1
}

None of them generates the category id. So I wonder if i misunderstood
the idea of extracting values from a url via GPvar?

Do you have any hints for me?
Thanks in advance!
Regards, Robert