[TYPO3-english] Hook afterDatabaseOperations customisation help

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Mon Jun 4 22:36:22 CEST 2012

Hi Eric,

I assume you are talking about typoscript? If you can it may be easier
storing the email address in the database. To get typoscript you need a
frontend, and if the script is in the backend (such as the database hook),
it needs to generate one.
See http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2011-November/077862.html.

Personally I have had issues creating a frontend while in the backend
environment, and have had to create an ajax script - like in the given
email exchange - and then call that to create the TSFE and fetch any needed
configuration values.

Richard