[TYPO3-english] transparent png appears with white background

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com
Fri Jun 1 17:42:46 CEST 2012

Am 01.06.2012 16:42, schrieb J. Bakshi:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 16:20:04 +0200
> Christian Hennecke<christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com>  wrote:
>
>> Am 01.06.2012 15:31, schrieb J. Bakshi:
>>>
>>>    Katja a findings. The server where I am facing the issue is having Imagemagick 6.6.5.8
>>> But in a ubuntu box the image is showing properly and it has Imagemagick 6.6.9
>>>
>>> So it seems a imagemagick version issue. The server is opensuse 11.4 and I still haven't
>>> found any clue to upgrade the IM version to 6.9 or 6.7 as there is huge dependency problem !!!
>>
>> Try GraphicsMagick instead. From my experience, it's faster and has less
>> problems than ImageMagick.
>
> Already tried with that, but no luck :-(

As a result of trying different settings, all kind of potentially
problematic things may have accumulated in your localconf.php. Removing
anything that is not really required seems like a good idea to me.

Also, how is that image generated? Via GIFBUILDER? Then you might want
to check the image object's configuration. If I remember correctly,
white is the default background color.