[TYPO3-english] Copy element with inline field (m:n) doesn't copy related children

Armin Rüdiger Vieweg armin.vieweg at sunzinet.com
Fri Jun 1 10:52:46 CEST 2012

Hello,

I've got a question: I'm using an inline field, which contains some
records.
If I copy the parent element, the children in this inline field are not
copied, which has
the effect that changes on the children effects the children in the source
record, too
(cause they are the same).

I'm using this config:
'config' => array(
	'type' => 'inline',
	'foreign_table' => 'tx_ext_domain_model_child',
	'MM' => 'tx_ext_parent_child_mm',
	// ...
)

I have seen this issue doesn't appear with i.e. powermail, which uses
inline too.
But they are not using "MM" (m:n), they're using (1:n).

The crap is, that the output seems to depend on this setting, especially
the sorting of
the children. So I'm forced to use m:n.

My question: Is there a possibility to copy the children too, if the
parent gets copied? (in m:n mode)

Of course the use of a save hook would be always possible, but I would
like to avoid this.

Thanks in advance!
Armin