No subject

Sat Jul 28 22:00:03 CEST 2012

only those pages below it in the page tree are displayed.  While I
understand that having a 'Home' link in the menu is not as common these days
as it used to be, and that most users know clicking the site name/logo will
navigate back to the home page, I would still like to have a Home link.
This is primarily due to the skin that I am using and the fact that the
active menu link adds a nice element of color that I want users to see on
the home page just as they will on the remaining pages.

So, while I can find the TS code that appears to configure the menu, I am
not sure what to do from this point.  My initial thought was to create a
shortcut page titled 'Home' which would direct users back to the site root -
this works, but the link never shows as active in the menu.  So, is there a
way to force a link to be shown as the active link, based on the page that
is displayed?  In other words, can I configure the menu to show the 'Home'
link as active when the user is viewing the site root page?

I thought I'd run across something here in the second comment down (dated
3/29/06):
http://diaryproducts.net/about/cms/typo3/canonical_home_page_split_site_root
--- but when I try to add the suggested code to my typoscript.ts file within
the globalMenu section it doesn't seem to do anything.

It is quite possible that I am just missing something simple as I'm very new
to Typo3 and still have an enormous amount to learn.  Or maybe there is a
better way to try to do this?  Any help is much appreciated!

Chanda