[TYPO3-english] Introduction Package TYPO3 4.5 - absRefPrefix

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Jul 28 12:35:33 CEST 2012

Hi Markus Klein,

@Robert this is know and fixed in newer versions of the Introduction
Package.

Markus Klein wrote:

> without knowing the Introductino Package in detail, I guess this is a
> setting because of realUrl and IMO this is correct. If you install it in a
> subfolder, one has to adjust absRefPrefix and RewriteBase in .htaccess
> anyway.

No you don't. The is just a stupid mistake. If ``absRefPrefix`` would be
really empty, then it would automatically adjust to the current domain,
including any possible subfolder.

The error comes from trying to use ``baseUrl`` together with
``absRefPrefix`` using the same constant. ``baseUrl`` needs to be defined
without the slash ('/'), but ``absRefPrefix`` with it. Thus the slash is
added to the constant while using it in TS. Obviously this breaks auto
configuration of ``absRefPrefix``, because now it never empty.

Newer versions of the IP (e.g. 4.7) dropped the usage of ``baseUrl`` and use
the more clean ``absRefPrefix`` variant only.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!