[TYPO3-english] "backend layout" - any documentation?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jul 24 20:54:13 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

Martin Bless wrote:

> I just wanted to try the "backend layouts" for an existing 4.5 site.
>
> Q: Do we have any documentation for this marvelous feature?
I guess not, besides the information on buzz and in the tickets/patches.

> Q: What's possible in the "typoscript like" configuration?
Use the wizard.

Use this search  ;)
http://typo3.org/search/?q=backend%2Blayout&id=180&L=0

The tenth result is:
http://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-45-lts-the-grid-view-a-new-concept-for-
a-backend-that-matches-your-layout/

But it looks like it misses the images.

> If the docs are missing I could help compiling them. It's a shame that
> I have to admit: I have no idea where such documentation - once we
> have it - should go.
>
> Q: What would be the right place to hold documentation about the
> "backend layout" feature?

In some kind of backend customization manual which is (to my knowledge)
still missing.

After the packages and distributions code spring, I will spend some time on
Getting Started again. But I do not think that Getting Started is the manual
for an in deep documentation, but rather for showing that something is
there.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!