[TYPO3-english] question about upgrading extension

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jul 23 18:13:48 CEST 2012

Hi tom,

> "after that you should check the database configuration to see if there's
> any change needed"
> How could I know if I need to change database or not?

You should click on the name of the extension in the Extension Manager.

If you're using the old one, you will right away see if a database
update is needed. If you see no SQL statements, it means you're fine.

If you're using the new one, you will have a tabbed window popping up
and you need to choose the "Database Update" tab. It will tell you if
you're up to date or not.

HTH

--

Francois Suter