[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 popup link targets for image content elements and as page defaults

Joerg Wagner [Digilog] lists.typo3.org at digilog.de
Mon Jul 23 14:06:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have two similar and possibly connected problems with TYPO3 link
targets (currently testing on TYPO3 4.5.15, WAMP environment):

1. There is an option in page properties (Behaviour tab) that allows to
define a default target for any link pointing to that page. If I enter
_blank that works perfectly - any link from other pages going to this
page will automatically open in a new window. But if I try any to use
the popup window notation of TYPO3 in this field (e.g. 800x600, which is
allowed according to context help of the target field) the target
setting is completely ingored.

2. When I create content elements of type Image, I have an option to add
a link to the image. Links like 123 and 123 _blank work perfectly. But
again, for a link of the form 123 800x600 the target is completely ignored.

Any ideas what is causing this? Could it be a bug?