[TYPO3-english] How do you make use of FE user subgroups?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:14:05 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-20 21:12, Urs Bräm wrote:
> Hi Oliver
>
>>I guess the logic is that a group inherits all rights of all subgroups.
>> I guess, in TYPO3 the parents inherit the genes from the children...
>
> This is the same case for BE users. I don't understand why!
>
> See http://forge.typo3.org/issues/24303
>
> Maybe you could also give that ticket a little push and add the FE issue
>
> Cheers
> Urs

Interesting. I assumed it would be the same for BE users, but we hardly
ever have any, so I never noticed.

I agree, the label is terribly misleading. This has been the root cause
of many issues I had with user groups and lead to me using the feature
incorrectly.

But I'm just waiting for someone from the UX team to explain to me why
this is perfectly fine the way it is ;D

Cheers
Oliver