[TYPO3-english] How do you make use of FE user subgroups?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 18:47:08 CEST 2012

I have a site with 2 FE user groups:
  1. Registered Users
  2. Administrators

In the properties of the "Registered Users" group, I set
"Administrators" to be a subgroup of "Registered Users".

My own user account is *only* a member of "Administrators".

Now, when I limit access to a page to only members of the group
"Registered Users", I can't view it.

Shouldn't I be able to see the page, given the group hierarchy?

When adding "Administrators" to the access list of the page as well, I
can see the page. But I don't understand why this step is required. It
makes the whole subgroup concept seem moot.

Kind regards
Oliver