[TYPO3-english] New cache hash calculation class

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 18 18:12:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,

In TYPO3 4.7 a new class was introduced for refining cache hashes
calculations (t3lib_cacheHash). I was trying it out to see if it could
help in a project where I need to have a variable passed in all requests
(beyond the usual L for language). This variable must be taken into
account for the cache hash calculation as I want to have a different
cache for each value of this parameter.

Now as long as the links in the pages don't include a cHash query
parameter, the cache hash calculation is not triggered (even when my
variable is added to config.linkVars).

The only option I see for now is to try and ensure that the cHash is
added to all links, which I'm not sure is really achievable.

Did I miss something? Is there some parameter associated with this new
calculation that makes it possible to have some extra parameter taken
into account without needing cHashes on every link? (I think not by
looking at the source code).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter