[TYPO3-english] RealURL - can I strip a subdir (= installation folder) from the URL?

"Christian Müller (FLOW3 Team)" christian.mueller at typo3.org
Wed Jul 18 08:51:28 CEST 2012

Hi,

> Is it possible to strip this folder t3/ from the virtual URL? If yes,
> how can this be done? If no, can this be accomplished with CoolURI?
This is not possible from a logical point of view. CoolURI and RealURL
use the .htaccess file in your t3/ folder to map their paths but a
request must first reach this .htaccess file. If you don't have the t3/
folder in your URL the request won't end up there. I could imagine a
setup that does the Rewrite stuff in a .htaccess file in your webroot
folder. That *could* work and eliminate the folder from the URL, but no
guarantees given ;)

> Remapping the webroot to t3/ via httpd.conf is no option for us, as we
> run several parallel TYPO3 installations in this account. t3/ is the
> production version, the others are training versions, older versions
> for reference, etc. Only the one in t3/ needs to be mapped to the
> webroot.
Why not use subdomains for that? Much nicer to have old.domain.com /
test.domain.com etc.

Christian