[TYPO3-english] Is there any need for an English TYPO3 discussion forum?

Andreas Becker cocopapa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 03:58:49 CEST 2012

If there is a forum or what I suggest still best idea the fudforum which is already working actually, than it should be on Typo3.org and not spread all over the net.

My suggestion would be to make it available and promote it even in the current state so that people see that there is something great going on which would need there help.

It is very strange that on the one hand It is said over 5000 Developers are active but actually its a handful or less which offer their time and which gave not up until now.

The mailinglist is actually providing much much more information to people than any forum. Another good place for the English forum is also already existing, It is the WEC Forum. They provide already a section where you can discuss also other extensions. So Imho there is No Need for another Forum at all but need of Man Power -and there are so many TYPO3 Integrators who could actually show there Integrator skills on those t3reorg projects and a Cooperative Attitude from the Top so that the stuff which is already there gets a nicer look would also help a lot.

@steward
Are you a Typo3 Integrator?
Is your company willing to moderate these forums, which you suggest?
Are you willing to do this job?
You only have to invest some hours of your freetime, At the beginning perhaps everyday and if there are more people helping after some months perhaps you need to moderate less, but this depends also on people posting! Are you willing?

I Still suggest that the Integrator Certificate is issued yearly and needs to be renewed like pilotes need to do. And an active involvement in Typo3 core ( not extension ) development and actively paeticipation in translating Typo3 and redesigning typo3 and do marketing for ALL on Typo3 can waiver the fee for the renewal.

This would bring enough funding to get Typo3.org on the top and fastest working typo3 pages.

Working on mobiles
Working on tablets
Working fast
Being perfect searchable
Being an example for a good Typo3 website which is seo optimzed, and speed optimized. Tuned to the best.
Presenting only pages as examples which are tuned to its best too and not some who not even feed 50% in pagespeed requirements and some have even Score Zero!!!

Having a Forum
Having the scriplet section
Having and easy classes system like on http://webempoweredchurch.org for starters and newbies and those who start to renew their know how etc
integrating a section with 1 2 3 step system like on webempowerdechurch.org

Typo3 is free open source software but this means not it is free as free beer! So simply start charging for it. Let people buy man/hours which get waivered when they do community work.

What about another new sealbyou can put on your page showing the hours you have been involved actively innCommunity work. This would say much more than this piece of paper called Typo3 Integrator. At least a Typo3 Integrator Seal should contain the year they made the last certification or renewal to show that they know also i.e how to get the new powermail up and running again, to name only one example of changing technology.

There is No Need of a new Forum but it is an urgent need of Man Power. So step in and help.

Andi

Sent from my iPad