[TYPO3-english] RealURL and simulateStaticDocuments

Pero Peric pperic at pero.hr
Thu Jul 12 15:39:06 CEST 2012

Dmitry thx. for reply. One more question regarding this. The main reason I
was using simulateStaticDocuments was that I wanted foo.html types of URLs.
I didn't manage to acomplish that using RealURL. The best I got was
foo.html/ (trailling slash appended). I know there is RealURL option to
disable/enable trailling slash but it didn't help. Maybe I've done something
wrong. So, my question is if that's possible to do? Thx.

Regards.

"Dmitry Dulepov"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1342036300.21073.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

Hi!

Pero Peric wrote:
> Hi. Is it possible to have RealURL and simulateStaticDocuments working
> in a multisite TYPO3 enviroment? So, for some sites I would like to have
> RealURL enabled and for others I'd like simulateStaticDocuments enabled
> (no need for RealURL). When I try to install RealURL while
> simulatestatic ext. is already installed it says I have to remove it.
> This means I can't have RealURL and simulatestatic together? If I
> install simulatestatic after RealURL ext. has been installed and put
> this in my template on a site where I don't need RealURL:

These two extensions conflict with each other. The problems is: path to id
resolution happens before your TypoScript is read. So the following is
unavailable when RealURL is called by TYPO3:

> config.tx_realurl_enable = 0
> config.simulateStaticDocuments = 1
> config.simulateStaticDocuments_noTypeIfNoTitle = 1

As a result, you see:

> "The page did not exist or was inaccessible. Reason: Segment "2234" was
> not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected on page with id=1554."

To process TypoScript, TYPO3 needs the page id. So it has to resolve path
to id first. This is an egg&chicken issue.

You have to use either one or another. You cannot have both in the same
installation without doing some nasty tricks.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team member

Simplicity will save the world.