[TYPO3-english] Why are my Backend Layouts not inherited?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:23:47 CEST 2012

I'm currently building a site completely with FLUIDTEMPLATE, and I'm
loving it! Yet, there is one issue.

On my root page, I created 3 backend layouts. I can switch between these
to select my Fluid template.
The problem is, I can only make this adjustment for the root page
itself (or for all of its children).

But on the sub pages themselves, the backend layout dropdown is empty.
I assume this is because the backend layout records are defined on a
different page. Which makes sense, but should I now adjust the template
of a specific sub-page?

What is the solution here?

Regards
Oliver