[TYPO3-english] How do you generate a menu where every menu item has its own image, using DAM?

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:16:44 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-11 21:11, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
>> Now the image part boils down to:
>>     10 = IMAGE
>> [snip]
>> At least, that's the example code from EXT:dam_pages, which I use to
>> link DAM records with pages. And it works great, as long as I pass a
>> constant uid to it (not shown in the above code).
>>
>> So how do I get the page ID in there?
>
> I have a similar piece of code which works fine for me. Where does your
> "10 = IMAGE" object come in with regards to the rest of your menu?
>
> Cheers

Hello François,

thanks for your reply. This is the current, full definition of the menu:

lib.content = HMENU
lib.content {
  special = directory
  special.value.data = page:id

  wrap = <div id="productNavigator">|</div>
  expAll     = 1

  1 = TMENU
  1 {
    noBlur = 1
    expAll = 1

    NO {
class="last">|</div>

      stdWrap.cObject = COA
      stdWrap.cObject {

        10 = IMAGE
        10 {
          file {
            import.cObject = USER
            import.cObject {
              userFunc = tx_dam_pages->get_media_file
              //uid      = {field:uid}
              listNum  = 0
              slide    = 1
            }
          }
        }

        30 = TEXT
        30.field = title

        40 = TEXT
        40.value = <div style="clear:both;"></div>
      }

    }

    ACT < .NO
    ACT = 1
    ACT.ATagParams = class="current"
  }
}

I'm working off of another menu on the site which a previous dev
created, so it might still be incomplete or ugly :P

Cheers
Oliver