[TYPO3-english] RealURL and domain

Pero Peric pperic at pero.hr
Tue Jul 10 13:21:39 CEST 2012

Hi. Regarding my previous post I found this. If you have virtualhost where
you define some website via alias like this:

<VirtualHost>

  ServerName some.site.com
  Alias /somepage /path_to_typo3/

</VirtualHost>

then in normal conditions (by normal I mean there is no RealURL installed)
you have to define domain record in TYPO3 like this:

some.site.com/somepage

When you install RealURL then problem arrives. RealURL will make SQL query
to check for domain BUT without /somepage part (it checks only for
some.site.com). This will return none because domain is created like
some.site.com/somepage and all this will produce RealURL error. Now, if you
change domain record to be some.site.com (without /somepage part) this will
be ok for RealURL but it will not be ok for TYPO3 in multisite enviroment.
TYPO3 will show first site in the page tree instead of the proper site. Can
anybody help me with this, maybe I'm doing something wrong? Dmitry are u
alive? THX.

Regards.