[TYPO3-english] New User Question - pathnames

Thomas Grzybowski thomasgrzybowski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 02:13:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I obtained a trunk from git - and I am using that.  I'm not sure what
version it is - the most recent in the 4 line I guess. I am running the
install tool, but I get a similar error error though. See below:

Error in init.php: Path to TYPO3 main dir could not be resolved correctly.

This happens if the last 6 characters of this path, ....//var/ (end of
$temp_path), is NOT "typo3/" for some reason.
You may have a strange server configuration. Or maybe you didn't set
constant TYPO3_MOD_PATH in your module?

If you want to debug this issue, please edit typo3/init.php of your
TYPO3 source and search for the die() call right after this line (search
for this text to find)...

If you expect any help from anybody on this issue, you should save this
page as an html document and send it along with your request for help!
Array
(
     [TYPO3_OS] =>
     [PATH_thisScript] => /var/www
     [php_sapi_name()] => cgi-fcgi
     [TYPO3_MOD_PATH] => install/
     [PATH_TRANSLATED] => /var/www
     [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /var/www/typo3/install/index.php
)