[TYPO3-english] New User Question - pathnames

Thomas Grzybowski thomasgrzybowski at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:59:47 CEST 2012

I'm  setting up Typo3 for the first time and I am trying to run init.php.
There is an error with the pathnames.  I think that PATH_thisScript and
PATH_TRANSLATED should be the same as SCRIPT_FILENAME.  The path to
SCRIPT_FILENAME is complete and correct.  Where (and How) do I configure
the PATH_TRANSLATED
I get the following output on my browser:

Error in init.php: Path to TYPO3 main dir could not be resolved correctly.

This happens if the last 6 characters of this path, ....//var/ (end of
$temp_path), is NOT "typo3/" for some reason.
You may have a strange server configuration. Or maybe you didn't set
constant TYPO3_MOD_PATH in your module?

If you want to debug this issue, please edit typo3/init.php of your
TYPO3 source and search for the die() call right after this line (search
for this text to find)...

If you expect any help from anybody on this issue, you should save this
page as an html document and send it along with your request for help!
Array
(
     [TYPO3_OS] =>
     [PATH_thisScript] => /var/www
     [php_sapi_name()] => cgi-fcgi
     [TYPO3_MOD_PATH] => TYPO3_MOD_PATH
     [PATH_TRANSLATED] => /var/www
     [SCRIPT_FILENAME] => /var/www/typo3/typo3_src-4.5/typo3/init.php
)

Thanks,
Tom Grzybowski