[TYPO3-english] Default doctype in 4.7.1 ... not html5 ?

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Wed Jul 4 17:35:08 CEST 2012

Am 04.07.2012 16:55, schrieb Christoph Stadler:
> hello,
>
> i just installed a blank t3 to investigate the problems with Doctypes
> i'm having. I thought v4.7 would use html5 doctype but i get the
> following as default page:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html
>
>     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

> <head>
>
> [...]
>
> that seems weird, including the linebreak and indentation, shouldn't
> it be sth like
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>

> <head>
>
> really confusing ...
Hi Chris,

the Doctype-Declaration is ok and fully W3C compliant.

Cheers,
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"If one has no earnest daily intention, does not consider what it is to
be a warrior even in his dreams, and lives through the day idly, he
can be said to be worthy of punishment."
(Hagakure)