[TYPO3-english] DB-Check: Advanced Query with Join / sys_action

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Jul 4 13:38:10 CEST 2012

Hi Christoph Hermann,

Christoph Hermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to create an advanced query with a join condition in the DB
> Check Tool (or some other way)?
>
> I want to create an action (sys_action) that lists only specific news with
> a certain category.
> Therefore i need to make a JOIN of the news and the news category table.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? Maybe with Typoscript?

The easiest way to archive this is to write a custom action with PHP.

You can try to edit the SQL, but it is stored inside the sys_action t2_data
column as serialized PHP array. I am not sure of this will work.

Other than that, you can of course create a backend user (FE) page and use
some CONTENT to generate what you need.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!