[TYPO3-english] Odd menu behaviour: two identical templates, one working, one not

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jul 3 18:28:54 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Müller wrote:

> I've got two templates, one on the root page and one on a sub-page. For
> testing purposes both are identical (I've copied the typoscript).
>
> The odd thing is that my menu is working perfectly on the pages that use
> the root page's template, but on the sub-page with the copied template
> the menu is empty (no html output)!
>
> The complete setup section follows below:
>
> # Menu
> temp.menu = HMENU
> temp.menu.1 = TMENU

You are missing the special property, e.g.
temp.menu.special = directory
temp.menu.special.value = <uid of the page that servers as starting point>.

I think it is pure luck that this works on the root page (or some special
handling by TYPO3).

Good luck
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!