[TYPO3-english] Odd menu behaviour: two identical templates, one working, one not

Stefan Müller smueller at s-mueller.ch
Tue Jul 3 17:30:58 CEST 2012

Hi

I've got two templates, one on the root page and one on a sub-page. For
testing purposes both are identical (I've copied the typoscript).

The odd thing is that my menu is working perfectly on the pages that use
the root page's template, but on the sub-page with the copied template
the menu is empty (no html output)!

The complete setup section follows below:

# Menu
temp.menu = HMENU
temp.menu.1 = TMENU
temp.menu.1 {
     expAll = 1
     # Normal state properties
     NO.allWrap = <div class="menu0"> | </div>
     # Enable active state and set properties:
     ACT = 1
     ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu0"> | </div>
}
temp.menu.2 = TMENU
temp.menu.2 {
     expAll = 1
     # Normal state properties
     NO.allWrap = <div class="menu1"> | </div>
     # Enable active state and set properties:
     ACT = 1
     ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu1"> | </div>
}
temp.menu.3 = TMENU
temp.menu.3 {
     expAll = 1
     # Normal state properties
     NO.allWrap = <div class="menu2"> | </div>
     # Enable active state and set properties:
     ACT = 1
     ACT.allWrap = <div class="menu2"> | </div>
}

# Template content object:
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/template/template.html
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
   subparts.MENU < temp.menu
   subparts.CONTENT_LEFT < styles.content.getLeft
   subparts.CONTENT_CENTER < styles.content.get
   subparts.CONTENT_RIGHT < styles.content.getRight
   subparts.INSIDE_HEADER = TEXT
   subparts.INSIDE_HEADER.field= subtitle//title
}

temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate{
   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/template/template.html
   workOnSubpart = HEADER_BODY
   subparts.TITLE = TEXT
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0

page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate

I'm pretty well stuck on this. Thanks for any hint.

Stefan