[TYPO3-english] question about making typo3 site

tom typostudy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:54:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been studying typo3 for a little while, I have gone through the
following documentation: Getting Started, TypoScript in 45 Minutes
tutorial,Modern Template Building 1,Futuristic Template Building tutorial.
I got to know a little bit of typo3. But still not that clear.
Now I am trying to build a typo3 site according to this site:
http://www.snook.ca/, I want to use the page of http://www.snook.ca/ as my
html template.
So according to what I know, I should do the below steps to build my typo3
site, I will put my thought in the following steps, please help me with
some input.
1. Build the html template.
my question on this step is: should I download the page
http://www.snook.ca/to be my html template or I make on my own? If I
should make the html
template on my own, should I use certain tool such as Dreamweaver? Is there
anything I should pay attention for my css file(it seems mention certain
rules for css style in MTB1 tutorial)?
2. Use TV(TemplaVoila) to Integrate the html template.
On this step, my question is: How could I know what typoscript I should put
in template->setup(Because in FTB tutorial, it puts some menu typoscript
for dynamic menu)?

Please help me with this. Feel free to correct me or show me the better
way. Thanks.

Tom