[TYPO3-english] Introduction package - any Documentation of structure/concept?

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Jul 2 22:46:41 CEST 2012

Hi Christoph, Philipp and others,

As someone who actually helped creating the introduction package and working
especially on the Typoscript part, I'd really like to second Philipp's answer.

I did not 'invent' that structure (it was proposed by Patrick Broens) and at
first I also thought it was well-created but overkill, now I can no longer live
without it. The main reason is that once you really understand the structure,
everything has a clear place and is placed in the correct order, and you never
have to search long to find what you're looking for. This is especially useful
when you're working with more people on a project, but it's also very helpful
when you have to fix something in a site you made 3 years ago....

I use a very similar structure, but then in files instead of database records.
The good thing there with having many separate files is that you'll have less
merge conflicts while working with more people.

So, even for my small one-man-show projects I use this structure nowadays.

Some documentation of how and why would certainly be great.

Cheers,
Loek