[TYPO3-english] about template tutorial

Andreas Becker cocopapa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 04:41:46 CEST 2012

have a look at http://templavoila.bussynoggin.com
Or
Check out Extension - march8 -
Or
Go to http://webempoweredchurch.org
Or
Choose one of the the PACKT books about Templating

Try to understand how the Extensions framework for templavoila and march8 work. Install them and checkout how it is done in typo3conf/ext/ directory.

If you want to do standard templating download the government and the introduction package and compare their typoscript setting and how they do templating

If you want to use the upcoming new way extbase fluid than install the FED extension and its example site and again check out its code and settings in typo3conf/ext and on the FED website.

Templavoila Framework has already lots of skins available which you can very easy modify and secure and backup with one simple click. It is a bit problematik with html5 and responsive Design but working.

TV Framework is working with general content folders for the column content. footer and header are done by Typoscript like in standard templating. The content areas are very flexible and easy to modify on the fly with drag and drop and referenced content etc,

It has lots of skins available in TER which you can easily download and modify. IMHO best way to start learning TYPO3 and Templating with TYposcript. learning by doing on a complete system - download the Starter Package from webempoweredchurch.

March8 is a very modern version based on bussy noggins framework. It is fully html5 and very good in html5 semantics designs. Unfortunately it is in Spanish!

ABC is based on March8 and fully English and extends its features and usabillity with lots of more features, especially useful for HTML5, responsive design and mobile websites. - unfortunately not in TER.

Both: March8 and ABC are working with Mastertemplates. Very easy to use and very modularised using the full power of TV and TYPO3. You can create templates more or less completely by drag and drop and with ready made building blocks (those are based on typoscript) and get inserted as typoscriptobjects. Ideal for designers with lesser programming knowledge! Or for companies which wanna use the power of TYPO3 in an easy way.

they are ideal for users and webmasters who want to modify and maintain also the design of their site in a very easy way without harming a complete site,

There is also if20 you could check out for lots of examples. They have also of cc and comercial additional stuff and templates to learn from.

Andi

Some other YAMLCSS Template Systems for TV and automake available in TER.

FED is very modularized and easy to modify if you are a programmer. Very flexible and more and more Extensions are based on Extbased Fluid. Twitter Bootstrap template is available in TER for mobile Websites.

Automake like the government and introduction packages are great for programmers which know typoscript and don't need flexible Content areas and flexible designs for Editors.

It is a good base which can also be used than in modern templating and futuristic templating and now also in fluid templating.

Andi

Andi

Andi

Sent from my iPad