[TYPO3-english] Reviewing the new Template Building Tutorial

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Jan 31 09:44:16 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 08:31 PM, François Suter wrote:
> Hi all,

> Please report your comments, findings, remarks, etc., in answer to this
> post, so that the discussion can take place here.
>

| Inside the folder template/ in this extension you find a set of
template files.
a beginner may not know the organization of files inside TYPO3

either lead them to create these files by hand or support with a
complete set of files at the correct place.
As I initiated a similar attempt years ago [¹] I used a t3d-import (with
a tutorial to include it in the side). This attempt has yield to the
extension mastertemplate which also moves the data to the correct place.

| Tell the reader here, that he ...
oops?
is this the final version?
meta-conversation should be in the wiki-comments/-discussion - or in
this thread.

all Typoscript in one TS-Template in the root-page?
ouch :(
I saw too much installtions with one TS-template with more than 500 lines

don't stay with a
| Note: Tell about systematic working: ...
start it from the beginning!

the document seems far away from release.
I hope this thread will push it forward.

[¹] http://ug.typo3-nrw.de/mastertemplate.html

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html