[TYPO3-english] Translating extensions

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 31 07:25:13 CET 2012

Hi,

On 31-1-2012 3:34, Derik Kotze wrote:
> Thank you and I now got replies from the language list. They've uploaded
> the Afrikaans patch. How do I install a patch in Typo3. I know where to
> download it from, just not how to install it.

You can ask all these questions in the typo3.translation.general list.

I had a quick look at Afrikaans and I could only find "Terminology" and
"Tutorial" available.
Terminology is used to help people who enter suggestions for
translations. Pootle puts these in the left part of the screen when you
are translating texts. They are quite important to keep translations
consistent.
Tutorial seems an introduction which is part of pootle itself (pootle is
the software behind the translation server).

I can't find any parts of the core or extensions in Afrikaans which
could be translated. Please ask in the translation list about this.

The procedure is normally that "someone" enters suggestions for
translations (that could be anyone, but I think at the moment it's
mostly you).
Then a member of the Afrikaans team (probably also you at the moment)
has to review the suggestions and approve them.
An automated process will compile the approved translations into xliff
and xml files, and make them available in TER.
When that has happened you can install them in TYPO3 by going to the
Extension Manager, use the tab "Language Packages", select 'Afrikaans'
from the list of languages and use the "Update from repository" button
to download and unpack the translations.
Note that Afrikaans will become available with TYPO3 4.7, so you can
currently only see it in action with the master version from git, or in
the near future in the next alpha or beta release of 4.7.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.